Human are the most significant asset in Star Energy business. A thorough OHSAS 18001 which mandates protection, promotion, preventive, curative and rehabilitative occupational health programs by doing :
- Health Risk Assessment (HRA) that constitutes the basis for implementation of appropriate preventive measures. HRA provides a rational basis for practice health behavior, clear targets for occupational injury/accident prevention, occupational disease prevention and exposure prevention programs.
- Control over all health hazards in the workplace, such as noise, vibration, temperature, lighting, radiation, benzene, toluene, xylene, viruses, bacteria, parasites and molds, also Ergonomic hazards.
- Health surveillance & Fit For Task (FFT): Regular Medical Check Up is performed for all workers, FFT for all workers with high risk, health surveillance for workers exposed to health hazards more than (-) threshold limit value.
- Medical examination prior to employment as this is related to occupational health risks.
- Health Promotion/Health campaign: Range of services to enhance the health and wellness of workers such as health talk, health brochure, healthy lifestyle campaign
- Medical Services: A first-aid service and some basic medical treatment, medical evaluations of occupational injury and illness cases.
- Identify and determine the lagging indicator: Number of occupational diseases, Total Recordable Occupational Illness Frequency (TROIF). The company is very concerned to prevent and control occupational diseases and illness.
- Medical Emergency Management: Has a medical emergency management response plan document, implementation of medical evacuation drills, the availability of a first aid trained personnel, implementation of refreshment training for first aider.
Star Energy committed to consistently conducting the above occupational health programs because most of the operational conditions, chemicals and end products (hydrocarbons and other compounds) associated with Oil and Gas production are well-known to pose serious health threats to the workers.
We believe that a healthy company is a productive company, capable of sustaining high performance over longer periods of time.